Product protection technology
Protect your products from deteriorating microorganisms, HeiQ HyProTecht is a versatile antimicrobial technology which suppresses the growth of algae, mold, mildew, fungi and bacteria which cause unpleasant odors, discoloration, staining, and deterioration.
LONG LASTING PROTECTION FOR YOUR PRODUCTS*
- HeiQ HyProTecht is a stable, broad-spectrum biocide for use in the manufacture of polymers, plastics, textiles and coatings.
- It is compatible with a wide range of formulations and is unaffected by the presence of particulate matter and most surfactants. Compatibility of HeiQ HyProTecht with the application should always be checked before use.
- Strong antimicrobial efficacy demonstrated by ISO 20743 in textile products.†
- HeiQ HyProTecht can be used for fibers and textiles; adhesives or sealants; plastics including films, sheets, slabs, and molded plastic parts; and coatings, films, laminates, and paints.‡
- For washable fabrics: the treatment is effective for at least 30 washes at 140°F
- HeiQ HyProTecht antimicrobial technology is EU BPR & EU REACH compliant and is registered with US EPA under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) for use in the manufacture of polymers, plastics, textiles and coatings for the protection of the product only.
- Manufactured products incorporating HeiQ HyProTecht may not make any public health claims relating to antimicrobial activity without first obtaining an EPA registration for the manufactured product which permits such claims.
* When incorporated into treated articles, this product does not protect users of any such treated articles or others against food borne or disease-causing bacteria, viruses, germs or other disease-causing microorganisms.
† Antimicrobial efficacy demonstrated on HeiQ’s fabrics. Efficacy may vary depending on product type, application dosage of the treatment, product impurities and application procedure. Formulations vary and it is essential when first using HeiQ HyProTecht to first challenge test formulations before deciding on an optimum concentration.
‡Not for use in any applications involving food contact, food packaging or human drinking water
TRADEMARKS: HeiQ, HeiQ HyProTecht and HyProTecht are trademarks or registered trademarks owned by HeiQ Materials AG. The use of such trademark(s) is subject to trademark licensing, review of test report and approval of claims by HeiQ. No unauthorized use permitted. Please contact us for more information.
HeiQ wins the Swiss Technology Award 2020
Effective against DETERIORATING microorganisms
Many products can provide a hosting surface for microorganisms that can lead to the degradation of the product and therefore need an antimicrobial technology to stay fresher and usable for longer.
HeiQ HyProTecht uses silver technology designed to protect the product from the growth of algae, mold, mildew, fungi and bacteria which cause unpleasant odors, discoloration, staining, and deterioration.
Antimicrobial properties built in to protect the product. Product does not protect users or others against bacteria, viruses, germs or other disease organisms. Always clean the product thoroughly after each use.
THE potential TO BECOME VILE – Textiles
Textiles provide us with the most basic protection to our bodies, ensuring comfort and well-being. But they also provide a large hosting surface for all kinds of microorganisms, which are problematic for an extended utilization of the textiles, and some of these microorganisms can live for days and multiply rapidly creating unpleasant odors, discoloration, and even leaving stains on the textiles!
Feel clean and fresh with an enhanced preservation of your clothes, enjoy relaxing time on your fabric sofa and sleep soundly in your bed. HeiQ HyProTecht protects the textiles against the growth and action of microorganisms that cause odors and deterioration.
HeiQ HyProTecht is designed for a wide range of applications:
Antimicrobial properties built in to protect the product. Product does not protect users or others against bacteria, viruses, germs or other disease-causing microorganisms. Always clean the product thoroughly after each use where applicable. Not for use in any applications involving food contact, food packaging or human drinking water.